Trench II backhoe dredger operates with extreme accuracy when trenching and working close to solid structures in sand, compact clay, and rock. She is equipped with high-end control and automation systems for dredging operations. Her two spuds stabilize and secure the pontoon. The machine excavates the soil and discharges it into a split hopper barge that is moored alongside the pontoon. The split hopper barge unloads the soil at the deposit area. She has been deployed on various projects, including the south pars trench and backfilling of pipelines such as SP 15/16.
- Dimension:54.87m x 14.63m x 3.35 m
- dredging of up to 14 meters
- excavator: Komatsu PC 1600
- Accurate dredging with good control on vertical and horizontal position
- Can easily handle clay, sand, pebbles, rocks, boulders, and a mixture of soil types
- No need for anchors, so interference with shipping traffic is limited.